You may find your emails are going to your recipients' spam folders. This means prospects and residents could be missing eBlasts, lifecycle marketing materials, tour information, etc.
There are two key ways to fix this:
- Include language in your emails encouraging recipients to add your email address to their contacts.
- Get your domain DKIM verified.
In this overview, you will learn how to DKIM verify your domain and an overview of why DKIM verification is important.
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) verification is used by recipients to verify that the email you send is authentic, trustworthy, and originates from your domain. DKIM signatures are stored in your domain's DNS system as CNAME Records.
Here are the basic steps to DKIM:
- An email message that is sent using DKIM includes a DKIM-Signature header field that contains a cryptographically signed representation of the message.
- A provider that receives the message can use a public key, which is published in the sender's DNS record, to decode the signature.
- Email providers then use this information to determine whether messages are authentic.
To learn more about DKIM, click here.
Why Should I DKIM Verify My Domain?
DKIM is a standard that allows senders to sign their email messages with a cryptographic key. Email providers then use these signatures to verify that the messages weren't modified by a third party while in transit.
DKIM verification is beneficial because it:
- Detects forgery
- Prevents the delivery of spam
- Improves reputability
- Increases deliverability
How Do I DKIM Verify My Domain?
To complete DKIM verification, perform the following steps:
2. We will provide you with 3 CNAME records, in a CSV file, for your IT team to add to your DNS.
*Note: 'CNAME Records' include:
- Record Name
- Record Type
- Record Value
3. Add these to your DNS within 72 hours of receiving them.
Context In this article you will learn about DKIM Email and it's set up. 1. FAQ Why do I need Domain Verification? Once Domain Verification is setup, any email coming from @domain will be verified across all your properties. In other words, your ...
How to Verify an Email Address from the Sub-Org
Overview In this article, you will learn how to verify the property email address from the sub-org. Step 1 - Navigate to Property Sub-Orgs Under your Property, go to Sub-Orgs. Step 2 - Click on Edit Under 'Property Essentials,' click the 'Edit' ...
How To Login to Your Hyly.AI Accounts
Context The first step you must take once you onboard with Hyly.AI is to log in to your Hyly.AI account. In this article, you will learn how to log in to your Hyly.AI account. Step 1 - Verify Your Email Once your account is created in the Hyly.AI ...
How to Add your Email Signature in Hyly.AI
Introduction For outgoing messages, you can create a personalized email signature which will sign off all communications sent through Hyly.AI. This tutorial will show you how to create an email signature. Step 1 - Log into Hyly.AI Log in to ...
How To Reset Your Hyly.AI User Password
Context To reset your password for my.hy.ly, please follow the instructions below. Quick Steps *Note: Make sure your email is registered with accounts.hyly.app Go to https://accounts.hyly.app/set-password Hy.ly will send you an email with a "reset ...