In this tutorial we will show you how to set up your weekly schedule, how to set up your recurring scheduler slots, and how to set up holidays and exceptions in your hyTours calendar.
Step 1 - Set Up Appointment Schedule
Step 1a - Navigate to Recurring Slots Page
Under your sub-org, go to hyTours > 'Agent Calendar' drop down > 'Agent Settings: Tour Scheduler' > 'Recurring Slots'
Here we see all the parameters for setting up recurring tour slots and appointments for all types of Tours.
Step 1b - Set Up Recurring Tour Parameters
The first parameters to set up are the:
- Appointment Duration
- Appointment Start Time
- Tour Availability Begin Date
- Heads-up Time
- Tour Limit
- The appointment duration determines how long a tour is, based on a period of time that you have determined is sufficient to conduct a tour. You can choose to set it as 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or 90 minutes.
- Next, you will choose the appointment start time which defines the times relative to the hour for when a tour can be booked. Here we have it set on the hour and half-hour marks, but it is possible to do it in increments of 15 minutes as well. These will determine the options for your prospects for when they can schedule tours.
- Next, you will define your "Tour availability begin date". This is a useful feature if your property is not yet open and you would like to start accepting tour appointments after a specific date in the future. It can also be set immediately if you are ready to accept tours now.
- Next is setting up the "Heads-up Time" which determines how much time must pass between a prospect booking a tour online and the tour actually taking place. If, for example, you want at least an hour's notice before conducting a tour, you would set this to one hour, or if you want a day's notice you would set this to one day. This is to ensure that you will have time to prepare for a prospect's tour and won't be caught by surprise.
- And finally, you can set the "Tour Limit" schedule, which determines how far into the future a prospect can schedule a tour. Here we have this set at 90 days so the latest a prospect can schedule a tour is 90 days from today.
Step 2- Setup Recurring Tour Slots
Step 2a - Set up Office Hours
To set up the daily schedule of an average week, the specific hours will have to be set in the lower section of the recurring tour slots page.
You can see the specific days on the left side of the screen and the office hours which determine when prospects can schedule tours. The office hours can be set by clicking on the start and end times.
Step 2b- Set up Exclusions
Next, you can set up exclusions. Exclusions are times throughout the week where there will be no tours allowed to be booked for whatever reason. In the case of this example calendar, there are exclusions made for noon and 1:00 pm on most days to accommodate for lunch times for the leasing team.
To add exclusion times click the "+" button, and to delete existing ones click the "X" button next to the time.
Step 2c - Set up 'Max reservations per slot'
The next parameter to customize about your recurring tour slots is the "Max reservations per slot."
As you can see, the most used number here is one reservation per slot, because there are not enough agents available to host more than one tour per slot.
Clicking on the drop down menu will allow you to choose how many tour bookings can be made per slot. If you have more agents available for more appointments, this number can be increased - up to 20 reservations per slot. Increasing this number will also allow for more prospects to schedule tours at the same time as one another.
Step 3 - Setup Holidays & Exceptions
If there are certain days throughout the year where there will be specifically amended schedules or exclusions in the schedule, those can be set up in the Holidays & Exceptions Page, found under Agent Settings.
If, for example, you wanted to block off all tours on Christmas Day, you would click the button labeled "Add a Holiday."
Choose the 25th of December as the date.
And the automatic choice is to have an "All Day" exclusion, which would allow no tours to be booked for that day.
If, however, you wanted to accept some tours during certain times on that day you would click the "x" button next to the "All Day" exclusions button, and now you can customize the tour hours of that day by clicking on the start and end times.
You can also specify any exclusions during that day by clicking on the "+" button under Exclusions, and choose any number of hour-long periods during the scheduled day to block off from tours.
Similar to how you set up recurring tour slots, you will also need to choose the Max number of reservations per slot.
You can add a comment for the day being excluded, in this case you may write "Closed for Christmas" in the field.
And if you wish to delete the holiday entirely, click on the trash can icon on the right side of the holiday's line.
So to review, in this tutorial we showed you how to set up your appointment schedule for the first time, how to set up recurring scheduling slots, and how to set up holidays & exclusions in your calendar.