What Makes Up the Email Header?
- Make sure the Subject field advertises the email campaign's content and gives an incentive for a prospect to click on it, and the From email address has been verified.
- The Reply To field can have a leasing agent's email address to respond to any campaign leads. There are also optional fields for CC, BCC, and Attachments.
In this lesson, we will be going over the fields that make up the Email Header, and what information is required for each field.
Email Header is the next step after you are done creating an email campaign on the editor. As you are getting your email ready to send out, you will need to make sure that it will be sent from the correct email address, and that recipients are able to reply back.
The three most important fields that need to be filled out are
Reply To. Using the diagram below, you should fill out these fields like so:
- Subject Field: The text in this field should match up with the email’s content, and can give your recipients an incentive to open / click on the email. You can also use macros in the email’s subject to make the campaign more personalized. To see how macros can be used in hyMail, view our tutorial, How To Use Macros in an Email.
- From Field: Make sure that the email address you enter in this field has been verified. Refer to our tutorial, How To Verify an Email Address for the Email Header, for more information.
- Reply To: Although this is an optional field, “Reply To” is best used if the “From” email address is a corporate one. This way, you can enter in a leasing agent’s email address to respond to any leads that receive your email. However, if “From” is the leasing agent’s email, this is not necessary.
The remaining three fields are entirely optional, but can still be used if necessary:
- CC: Use this field if you want to include any of your salespeople as recipients so they can receive both the email and any replies.
- BCC: Use this field if a supervisor or leasing agent wants to monitor the email campaign. Their email addresses will be hidden from the campaign’s recipients.
- Attachments: Use this field if you want to attach something like an invitation flyer or a survey form.
Once you have made all of the necessary changes, click the
How To Send Attachments in an Email
Context In this tutorial, you will learn how you can attach extra images and/or documents to a hy.ly email. Step 1 - Navigate to hyMail Media Open up a new tab and go to your property's hyMail Media Library page. Click on the "Upload New File" button ...
How to Send your First Email Using hyMail
Context In this tutorial, we will go over how you can create an Email eBlast that can be easily sent out to your contacts. Step 1 - Navigate to hyMail Under your sub-org, go to hyMail. Step 2 - Select the Template You can choose to edit the existing ...
How to Verify an Email Address from the Email Header
Quick Steps Type in the email address you will be using for your emails in the From field. If your address is not verified, click the "Verify This Email" button. A verification request will be sent to the email address, which will contain a ...
Overview : hyMail Email Editor
Concept Summary You can access the Email Editor by clicking the "Design" button over an already-created email. The Email Navigation Bar displays the five steps you will need to take when creating and sending out your email: Email Body, Email Header, ...
How to Send a Test Email
Quick Steps Go to an email campaign's Email Editor. Make sure the email address in the Email Header's From field is verified, so the email is sent from a legitimate source. Enter the email address(es) that will receive the test email in the Send test ...