- When a hyMail eblast is scheduled, you have until its deliver time to cancel or abort the eblast.
- DO: If you have multiple sub-orgs that have scheduled emails, check your organization's hyMail Scheduled Report to check the date and time for emails that will be deployed.
- DON'T: The option "Deliver the campaign immediately" should not be selected, especially if an eblast's content is important. Always be sure to schedule an eblast for a future time.
- DO: When you select the option to schedule your email for a future time, you have to schedule it 15 minutes from the current time by default. We recommend that you give yourself 30 minutes to 1 hour of schedule time before the email is delivered, in case any eblasts need to be canceled or aborted.
- When the deliver time passes, the email will be put into my.hy.ly's hyMail queue and will be sent out to your recipients; at that point there is nothing that can be done to stop the email or pull it from the queue.
In this overview, we will look at what you can do to make sure you have enough time to cancel a scheduled email if corrections need to be made, or you need to stop it from being sent out.
If you are setting up and scheduling emails under multiple sub-orgs, you want to make sure that all of the emails have the necessary elements and will be sent out on the correct day and time. However, mistakes do happen, and you want to make sure that those are corrected before an email is delivered you can stop the send.
DO: Check Your Scheduled Email Report
Under your organization's hyMail page, click on the App Menu, go to the "Report" page, and click the "Scheduled" link. This report will display all emails that are scheduled to be sent out under each of your sub-orgs. (Our overview about the Scheduled Email Report page linked here
has more information about what is displayed there.)
DO: Schedule Email with Enough Time Before Delivery
When you choose the option to deliver an email at a specific day and time, the email will have to be scheduled at least 15 minutes from the current time by default. If an email is scheduled to be sent out later on the same day, we recommend that you edit the delivery time for 30 minutes to 1 hour so you have enough time to catch any last minute issues.
For example, if you are scheduling an eblast to go out at 9:30 AM, this would be a scenario where the best option would be to schedule the eblast to be delivered at 10:30 or even 11:00 AM. This way, you would be giving yourself 1 hour - 1 hour and 30 minutes of time to check the scheduled eblast and have plenty of time to cancel it if something comes up.
Abort the Email Before the Delivery Time
When you confirm an email's scheduled date and time, you will have until the delivery time to abort the email. This can be done by going back to the email's "5. Schedule" page and clicking the "Abort this Email" button.
Keep in mind that when the delivery time occurs, the email will be sent into my.hy.ly's email queue and will start being sent out to its recipients. After that, there is nothing else that can be done to stop the email from being sent.